mandag den 8. november 2010

Geek Girl Meet Up Copenhagen #ggmcph

I recently did something completely terifying. I signed up for participation in the 2010 Geek Girl Meet Up in CPH, filled in some stuff about me and my personal geekiness, (which at the moment is a fieldwork in World of Warcraft) and mentioned that i might even be able to talk about it in front of people. I was then contacted by Karen Mardahl, one of the awesome people arranging this meet-up. She said I should indeed come and talk about my geekatude and I said yes. And then I had to actually think of something to say in front of the other geek girls, who all towered in my mind as intellectual giants who would throw copies of Geeking for Dummies in my face. But I finally got over my nerves by jumping around in my livingroom with a bouncing rat on each shoulder, singing a Mia-is-nervous song. Anyway, I did the thing, and was afterwards asked if I had a blog, which i didnt (at least not about anything serious)and so now I am making one.

3 kommentarer:

  1. awesomeness - cool I get to be one of your first subscribers then =)...

    I know you might have mentioned it in your talk but - how do you do virtual anthropology ?

    SvarSlet
  2. Denne kommentar er fjernet af forfatteren.

    SvarSlet
  3. Thanx for joining! :) Thats an unpleasantly excellent question. I'll write a post about it.

    SvarSlet